Monday, March 31, 2014

My Perfectly Content Place

The place I feel most content and happy would have to be in my car with the music blasting. The peace that I feel when I am alone with nothing going through my head besides what ever I have playing is just so relaxing. My mind always seems to be running with thoughts of absolutely random things, sometimes even things I don't want to be thinking about, they just pop up in my head. The music and distraction of having to pay attention to something else gives me peace and serenity. Even though my car is not the cleanest place in the world, I love it. It's something that is mine and I can go where I want with it. No one can control me, I feel so free. One time when I had a really bad day and just needed to get away, I just drove, for miles. It cleared my mind, and although no one knew where I was and some people were really worried about me, by the time I got home I was in a better place and was able to talk to my mom about what was going on instead of bottling it up and taking it out on myself. With the intensely loud and intimidating music blasting it took my anger and pushed it aside so I realized that what was going on was not the end of the world. The pain and misery I felt was able to be met with the music I listened to and everything felt better. I love being able to control what is going on around me and being in my car allows me to go as fast as I want and go where I want, when I am in my car whatever I want goes. I love it that way, I always want to be in control. I guess some would say that's a flaw of mine, but its how I am. My car is the place that I can be me. I can play the music I want to play, I can eat what I want (as long as I get it ahead of time), I can just be me. I love my car, and all the things wrong with it, because its like me. I have things wrong with me, but I still work and I can push through the problems that life throws at me. Even if I am not upset it is still good to just get away for a little, even if it's the short drive home from school, I still get time to myself that makes me more content with myself and gives me time to just let it go. Without that time to myself every day I would probably go insane. It calms me to just be alone with my music in a place that no one can bother me. I can ignore phone calls and have an excuse for not responding to anyone. I love being alone and this place gives me that time to myself and better yet I can play my music as loud as I can. My two favorite things, music and being alone. That it why I love being in my car and it is my perfectly content place that calms me and lets me be myself.

11 comments:

  1. Nice job, Rachel! I also love the feeling of being alone. I'm glad that you have somewhere to go where you can just get away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Joey! being alone is just sometimes the best way to deal with things

      Delete
  2. This entry is really good Rachel! I can't drive yet but if I could this would be me. I can totally relate to the feeling of being so overwhelmed that you just want to completely shut the world out and music is great for that. I love how you put a specific experience in the entry because it really shows how this alone time is necessary. What's your favorite type of music/ artist to listen to in the car?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is honestly one of the best ways to deal with things, once you can drive you will really understand. I will honestly listen to anything as long as it relates to my mood and how I am feeling. Sometimes I love to blast Jonas Brothers just to remind me of my past and I sing along to the lyrics I learned so long ago

      Delete
  3. I could really hear your voice without this blog! I can also agree that car rides are my favorite things to do. I enjoyed the part where you compared your cars problems to yours and related it to yourself. Although you like driving alone, do you also like taking these car rides with other people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course! When I need someone besides myself I love to be with others and to listen to them or have someone to talk to about my problems. It is a great place to just be alone and to talk without any interruption

      Delete
  4. This is a great blog Rachel! I especially liked how you compared yourself to your car. That makes this entry unique and interesting while describing yourself as a person! I also love being in the car so I can easily relate. do you have any special places you go to when you are driving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying to find a special place to call my own but since gas is so expensive I haven't had time to go that far away from my house to find somewhere I can call my own with my car

      Delete
  5. Rachel- I 100% agree I love driving by my self with my music blaring as everything else in my life seems to just drift away. I get a lot of you in this blog which is different from your other entries. Keep up the good work! Maybe find other adjectives for "love" it gets a little repetitive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenn! It means a lot that so many people agree with me and understand the peacefulness that comes with blasting music in the car by yourself

      Delete
  6. before you got your car and your license was there another place you considered your perfectly content place? or is it the music and the solitude which allows you to think that makes it your favorite place? bravo Rachel bravo

    ReplyDelete