Thursday, March 6, 2014

Interpretation of Art


This piece of art work is very interesting. Of course a normal eye will first see someone being shot off of a cliff, but in between the two is another silhouette. This image shows that by killing a body, you are not killing only a body, you kill the soul that lives within it. Not only are the bodies shown but also there is blood coming out of the body which is expected for someone being shot, but within the soul there is a black mass. This mass could represent the darkness that lives within someone that most of the time they do not show. Although this black mass could represent a lot of things. The killing of someone is not such an easy thing to see, or deal with. The blacked out bodies show that no matter who it is, the same thing is happening. Much more is going on then just killing a person, one does not know the effects of their death, and how others will react. The soul could also symbolize the belief in an after life. Not many believe in such things, but it has not been proven impossible. This picture could have many different meanings but this is what is see when I look at it.  

background

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful analysis. You also chose a really cool piece. Who is the artist? Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest Jenny, I don't know who the artist is. I found it on google. Sorry!

      Delete
  2. I wish there was more of you in your post, I feel like you are just analyzing the image instead of showing us how it makes you feel. Why is it interesting? What emotional connection does this specific piece have to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get what you are saying. This picture touches me in a way that I cant quite explain because of my connection to death.

      Delete